Gianluigi Buffon International - Juventusworld 1897

This Board is dedicated to Gianluigi Buffon, the best Goalkeeper in the World, to the Club Juventus Turin and also to the Italian National Team
It is currently 14. Dec 2018, 23:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Il Capitano

FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 161

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Buffon - Keep Improving
#1PostPosted: 31. Oct 2016, 20:32 
Gobbi

Following victory over Napoli at the weekend, legendary skipper Gigi Buffon was obviously pleased with the three points, but he was quickly looking ahead to our next game.

Speaking to juventus.com in his own post game press interviews Buffon called on the Old Lady to continue to show improvement and to continue to raise the bar in our standards so we could mix it with Europe's elite this year.

'I'm delighted with the win as it enables us to keep working calmly. But if we want to go far in Europe and compete with the continent's best teams we need to raise our game higher still. We can't rest on our laurels just because we've won this match. Winning is the most important thing because it shields you from criticism and allows you to work constructively without any added pressure. Today's victory is a fillip for us on a long journey. We're showing who we are through our results but if I think of the latter stages of the Champions League we need to grow a bit more.'

The club skipper went on to say that he believed the strength in depth in the squad would be a key part of the side gaining success once more this season.

'Our team has changed a lot and we're working hard to exploit our ability to the full but you have to be able to go out there and play convincing football in every match - and with a squad like ours do so even when we're missing players. We must keep raising the bar.'

With Leonardo Bonucci scoring the winner on the day, and seeing Juventus open up a seven point gap over nearest chasers Roma, he was speaking post game as well, and he knew it was a huge result for the side.

'Every game is important but these are three big points. It was a really tough game. Napoli played well but we kept battling away trying to find space and we knew that in the long run they'd start to drop off physically. To be honest I'm not really bothered about the quality of our football - that will come. We know we need to improve but one thing we're not lacking in is hunger for victory! We won this game by playing with real Juve spirit. We never let up. We were determined to make up for losing in Milan last week.'

As for what the goal meant for him on a personal level, he went on to say.

'I couldn't wait to score. I celebrated by showing the initials of my children's names, which are also the initials of my name and my wife's name. We've been through a tough period but we've come out of it even stronger than before. That's what my family is about. I want to thank the fans too for all the incredible support they've shown me. There's nothing better than this - I want to see them fired up like that all the time.'